About Me

My photo
80% legs, 100% trouble.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Drinking Raspberry Chia Kombucha (034)



I'm trying kombucha now and then, because it's supposed to be great for digestion and I have digestion issues.

If you look closely at this bottle of Synergy Chia Kombucha, you can see the thousands of tiny chia seeds in the beverage. The drink has the usual sour-fermenting-kombucha smell, which is unappealing. It tastes delicious, because of the raspberry juice. However, the texture is...well, it's viscous and full of tiny seeds. So, yeah. It's something you just swallow down, it seems. I have chewed the tiny seeds in a mouthful after rolling it around in my mouth a bit, and that's okay.

It's very good for you, though. Chia seeds have 8 times more omega-3s than salmon, more antioxidants than blueberries, and more fiber than oatmeal. We'll see if all that translates into any noticeable difference for me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment